You are not logged in.

Friday, June 8th 2012, 1:35pm

Hunter XC Controller not working correctly

I have a Hunter XC Controller that is not working. I turn it to the RUN position and the display reads OFF. The only positions on the dial it will pick up are START TIMES, SEASONAL ADJUSTMENT %, and OFF (and by picking up, I mean they will only show on the display and they are the only ones I can change with the arrow buttons). When put the dial in the CURRENT TIME/DAY position and reset the controller, it shows 12:00am on the display; however, when I try to change the time, nothing happens. It still reads 12:00 am. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, June 8th 2012, 2:31pm

You might have an intermittent problem with the rotary dial, and may need to use a "twitchy hand" when you change dial positions

Also, there is the complete reboot you can perform, by way of the instructions in your owners manual

Friday, June 8th 2012, 3:17pm

Yeah, no worky. Tried the "twitchy hand" method to maybe find a short, but to no avial. Also the complete reboot did not work either. I did what the owner's manual suggested and once it returned to 1200 am status, I could not change the date or time. And again no other dial position switches work except for the same I mentioned above.
Any other ideas?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, June 8th 2012, 3:46pm

Sounds like the clock may be toast. Have there been recent lightning storms in your neighborhood?

Friday, June 8th 2012, 4:57pm

There were some storms the other day, but if the clock is bad, how does that explain the fact that I can't even turn the dial to MANUAL ONE STATION or MANUAL ALL STATIONS and it stays off and display reads OFF? Does the clock have anything to do with that?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, June 9th 2012, 7:32am

I don't know - most damaged controllers won't even show me a display of any sort.

Monday, June 11th 2012, 8:38am

Gotta go with boots. Everything sounds like a fried circuit board.
Burnt boards can do anything or nothing. I've had them show the first 3 or 4 zones and none of the rest.
Another looked like it worked perfectly when the knob was in position but the memory was dead. Lost everything when I turned by know to the next station. So it took my settings but didn't store them.

Might be time for a new controller.

Rate this thread