You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, June 8th 2012, 1:35pm

Hunter XC Controller not working correctly

I have a Hunter XC Controller that is not working. I turn it to the RUN position and the display reads OFF. The only positions on the dial it will pick up are START TIMES, SEASONAL ADJUSTMENT %, and OFF (and by picking up, I mean they will only show on the display and they are the only ones I can change with the arrow buttons). When put the dial in the CURRENT TIME/DAY position and reset the controller, it shows 12:00am on the display; however, when I try to change the time, nothing happens. It still reads 12:00 am. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, June 8th 2012, 2:31pm

You might have an intermittent problem with the rotary dial, and may need to use a "twitchy hand" when you change dial positions

Also, there is the complete reboot you can perform, by way of the instructions in your owners manual

Friday, June 8th 2012, 3:17pm

Yeah, no worky. Tried the "twitchy hand" method to maybe find a short, but to no avial. Also the complete reboot did not work either. I did what the owner's manual suggested and once it returned to 1200 am status, I could not change the date or time. And again no other dial position switches work except for the same I mentioned above.
Any other ideas?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, June 8th 2012, 3:46pm

Sounds like the clock may be toast. Have there been recent lightning storms in your neighborhood?

Friday, June 8th 2012, 4:57pm

There were some storms the other day, but if the clock is bad, how does that explain the fact that I can't even turn the dial to MANUAL ONE STATION or MANUAL ALL STATIONS and it stays off and display reads OFF? Does the clock have anything to do with that?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, June 9th 2012, 7:32am

I don't know - most damaged controllers won't even show me a display of any sort.

Monday, June 11th 2012, 8:38am

Gotta go with boots. Everything sounds like a fried circuit board.
Burnt boards can do anything or nothing. I've had them show the first 3 or 4 zones and none of the rest.
Another looked like it worked perfectly when the knob was in position but the memory was dead. Lost everything when I turned by know to the next station. So it took my settings but didn't store them.

Might be time for a new controller.

Rate this thread