You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jbrickm

Saturday, June 9th 2012, 1:12pm

Inlet adapter for rotor bodies

I have a bunch of rotors currently installed on locations that have 3/4 in male threaded risers. I want to replace them with rotor bodies that have 1/2 in female threaded inlets.

What adapter/bushing is needed for this set up? The 3/4 x 1/2 in threaded bushing I've seen on this site goes the other way. Can anyone help me here?

Thanks

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, June 9th 2012, 1:15pm

Why not just use another standard rotor? Money you spend on adapters could better be spent on more rotor heads.

jbrickm

Saturday, June 9th 2012, 6:57pm

Good idea, but I want to try the Hunter MP Rotor and I don't see any rotor body with a 3/4 in female thread inlet here that can fit the MP rotor nozzles.

Am I not understanding something here? I'm just a homeowner trying DIY projects, so apologies if these questions seem silly.

To repeat - I have sprinkler risers with 3/4 in male threads and I want to put MP rotors in those locations. How do I do this?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, June 9th 2012, 8:22pm

I can attach any head whatsoever to any pipe connection whatsoever, while using five separate pieces of pipe and fittings to do so. You start with a female coupling (or female elbow) and work from there with more elbows and swing pipe. In other words, there are no shortcuts for this.

jbrickm

Sunday, June 10th 2012, 8:48am

I can attach any head whatsoever to any pipe connection whatsoever, while using five separate pieces of pipe and fittings to do so. You start with a female coupling (or female elbow) and work from there with more elbows and swing pipe. In other words, there are no shortcuts for this.
ok, can you please explain to me what I need to do for my situation? Maybe I used the wrong term "adapter".

What are the 5 separate pieces you use? I'm not being thick - I just need some advice. Thanks :)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, June 10th 2012, 11:40am

There is no easy solution for you . If you are determined to use Rotator nozzles, even if it means spending many more dollars in your application, more power to you.

The way to connect anything to anything is a swing joint, with marlex elbows, swing pipe, and swing-pipe elbows, and in your case, a female coupling or ell to start from the 3/4-inch male threads the old head attached to.

Monday, June 11th 2012, 8:31am

Try this: a 3/4" to 1/2" cut off nipple . Screws into the 3/4" feed, has 1/2" thread for bottom of pop up.
The method wet-boots shows is preferred, as it takes more abuse and easier to adjust.
However, the cut off nipples will work fine.

You mentioned using "Hunter MP Rotor". Do you mean 'MP Rotator"? If so, make sure you buy THIS to adjust radius. If you get the variable patter get THIS instead. Has adjustment tool for radius and pattern.
I put some in last month and figured I'd just use a jewelers screw driver to reduce radius. Nope. Smallest screw slot I've ever seen. Need the tool.

mrfixit

Monday, June 11th 2012, 10:35am

How about using a 3/4 inch coupling thread by thread then a hunter 3/4 x 1/2" swing joint.
---
Can you unscrew the risers and put in a bushing? That's what i'd do.. Then use 1/2 x 1/2 swing joints.

Rate this thread