You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

harrisst14

Starting Member

Sunday, June 10th 2012, 6:29pm

Irritrol Slim Dial Troubleshooting

I have an Irritrol Slim Dial that suddenly won't turn on any zones. I have tried to summarize the steps I have taken below.

1. Reset controller by removing power and battery from the Irritrol Slim Dial controller. (Followed steps per the user guide/manual.)

2. Confirmed the water valve is open. I can manually open the valves and get sprinklers to come on.

3. Measured voltage across the wire terminals at the controller is ~26V from comm terminal to each respective zone terminal.

4. Voltage at the solenoids is <0.02 V, even when the zone is "energized" by the controller.

Shouldn't the voltage at the solenoid from comm to valve wire be ~26V when the respective zone is energized?

Should the voltage across the terminals at the controller always be ~26V? Or should the voltage only be ~26V when the zone is energized?

Other steps or recommendations for troubleshooting are greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

mrfixit

Sunday, June 10th 2012, 8:13pm

The ground wire's bad. Did it break at the controller? Try resplicing it.
Look at the valves for a broken wire. Resplice them.
Maybe you have a spare wire you can hook up in place of the bad wire.
Do any digging recently?
Are there any splices along the path of the wire that you know of?
Look around.

Rate this thread