You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

dhwco

Monday, June 11th 2012, 11:50pm

Quick Connect valves/keys

I have a rainbird 3/4" key for a quick connect. The project I am on has torro quick connect valves and the rainbird key doesn't work (too small to actuate the quick connect valve). Everything I see says they should be interchangeable. Am I missing something or are they not interchangeable? Does anybody know for sure? The local irrigation supply Co says they should be interchangeable. First time I have ever had this problem, the key has always worked before so I never took notice of what valves I was "plugging into"

Tuesday, June 12th 2012, 8:32am

Toro makes a number of quick connect sizes.
Sure you aren't trying to turn on a 1"?

dhwco

Tuesday, June 12th 2012, 10:14pm

Well....I "solved" the problem. The Toro QCV's (#474's - two piece) installed on that project were faulty. The key I have (Rainbird 44) works perfect in other Toro 474 QCV's. The key works with the Toro QCV's at the supply store.

We even found a Toro key (#464-02) and even it doesn't work in those valves. Nobody, the Owner nor the supply house, can find a key that works in those valves, thus the conclusion they are faulty.

There goes a wasted day.......

Rate this thread