You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Schneids16

Unregistered

Wednesday, June 13th 2012, 8:25pm

Toro Super 800 - Unable to adjust arc - continuous clockwise rotation

The entire system is Toro. There is 1 head (Super800 series) where i need a 180 degree arc, but this head insists on continually going in a circle. I've tried some simple troubleshooting and am guessing something with the gear system has worn out and no longer works. I can continuously spin the top part of the sprinkler unit by hand in a clockwise circle. Using a screwdriver trying to adjust the arc, it seems like at a point something slips (gear?) when adjusting from 90->180->270->360. I've tried various arc positions but none seem to effect it. I am not even close to an expert on the matter so i am asking for any advice on figuring out why is doesn't work and if it can be repaired.

So...questions I'm looking for an answer to on this:
1. Is it worth it to try and troubleshoot/fix or should I just go buy a new head, start digging and replace?
2. If you recommend replacing, is it best to go with the same brand/model, or same brand but newer model? Basically, tell me what to go buy at Home Depot or the local Toro shop.

Thanks,
Schneids16

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, June 13th 2012, 8:35pm

Buy a new head - get the same one, makes the changeover easier

Thursday, June 14th 2012, 8:25am

If you get the same model you don't have to dig.
Remove guts from old one, replace with new.

Rate this thread