You are not logged in.

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Friday, June 15th 2012, 6:17pm

Dry spots around 3 heads. All one zone? Maybe the valve has a problem. Check for leaks at the valve; maybe take valve guts out and flush real well.

Do these 3 heads seem to be watering less than other pgps?

ian

Saturday, June 16th 2012, 9:21pm

Ok so I did the can test, I ran the zone for 30 minutes with different sized containers, but dumped them into a ML beaker. The results were pretty un even, Right by the head got 150ML (was most likely too close, I noticed someone had moved it closer to the head??) while in the mid areas it got mostly 20-25 ML, a couple 10's, a 50 and a 60 which were a bit out.
My family thought they would help and bring me in the tins so they got a little mixed up, lol

These green spots around the heads are on both zone 2 and 3.

I have 5 PGP's on zone 2, and 4 PGP's and 2 Nelson impulses on zone 3.
Zone 1,4,5 are side & back yards and are green as normal
I should point out that I'm totally new to underground sprinkling - my grandmother the previous house owner is visiting and thinks that the heads are way too low in the ground when they are off?
Also the system does appear to be head to head. I've drawn myself a map of the heads I will make a picture of it or something.
And to answer a previous question about the zones being combined, apparently it was something electrical with the wires undergound.

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Sunday, June 17th 2012, 1:42pm

I think you need all containers to be the same exact size if you measure as you did. Know someone with a cat? Get the food cans.

Monday, June 18th 2012, 8:32am

I'm afraid wsommariva is right. You need identical sized cans to work. Same open area, same size side walls.
Any guesses we made right now would be just that: guesses.

One other thought for you: grass is very hardy and will fight to the last minute to survive. What you are seeing today could be the result of something that happened much earlier. It might be worth your while to get in touch with either a really good nursery or your county extension agent.
Don't ever underestimate the help you can get from your county agent. They tend to know their business and their advice is free.

ian

Thursday, June 21st 2012, 1:18am

But I said I dumped the cans into the same sized beaker ?( Even shook out the little drips.
Anyway, I've raised the sprinkler heads and watered the lawn for the first time today with them raised, soooo shall see how it goes!

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 21st 2012, 8:21am

I think it's obvious that the mid range does not get water. Look at Hunter MP rotators. I have them. Each stream is at a different angle. May work for you as long as the inches per hour is similar to other heads in the zone.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, June 22nd 2012, 10:03am

install another head next to the sidewalk in between the existing ones

Rate this thread