You are not logged in.

DanOz

Monday, June 18th 2012, 6:14pm

Richdel Valve R-204 AT

I have a 25 year old system that worked great until last year. I have a valve leaking. Is it still possible to replace the diaphrams and selenoids on this valve. It sure would be a pain to dig up and replace the old valves. Rebuilding them would be fairly easy. The valve bodies seem to be in good shape. I can't seem to find a source for parts if I search on the internet.

mrfixit

Monday, June 18th 2012, 6:47pm

Will this work? Click here

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, June 18th 2012, 7:01pm

the R-204 AT was the first of the "jar-top" valves - they use the same diaphragm assembly as the Irritrol 2400 (note the number similarity)

note however, that all the parts of these two valves are not identical - only the diaphragm assembly and solenoids are matches for each other - after a redesign, the body and bonnet and cover ring were changed

mrfixit

Monday, June 18th 2012, 8:38pm

What does the AT stand for?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 19th 2012, 6:13am

I have no idea. Thank goodness they renamed it 2400 after the redesign, since the original designation was confusing.

mrfixit

Tuesday, June 19th 2012, 9:44am

Maybe that's supposed to be JT for Jar Top.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 19th 2012, 10:33pm

No, it was definitely AT, which could have meant "Advanced Technology" - no one was calling them jar-tops yet

Akron-rad

Unregistered

Thursday, September 20th 2012, 9:22pm

Richdel Valve

I have no luck using an Irritrol Diaphram on a richdel. The center spindle on the Richdel is larger than the Irritrol, and the diaphram will not go on. I have to just replace the valve. This has been my experience with all richdel valves. They look the same, tops fit and work, but I am still looking for a replacement diaphram. Help me. No one else can.

mrfixit

Thursday, September 20th 2012, 10:17pm

Have you tried swapping the spindle? It's been a long long time since I tried that. I can't remember if it works or not.
Maybe the Lawn Genie diaphragm will work.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, September 21st 2012, 3:55am

this thread is about jar-top inline valves only - other Irritrol valves, like a 2500TF, use a diaphragm assembly meant for a center pin, as opposed for a diaphragm that works with the larger-diameter center tube in a jar-top