You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

larbec

Thursday, June 21st 2012, 6:23pm

Rainbird sst-1200o does not work

I have a brand new controller. It's the Rainbird sst-1200o.  When I go to water any zone nothing happens. No heads pop up.  No water flow. I can't hear the valve opening and there is power to the controller. Is there an issue with the common on a valve?

Thank you

Friday, June 22nd 2012, 8:11am

If none of the zones work it does sound like the common wire. You say you get power to the controller.
One of your options is to see if you have 24v going to the terminals. Then turn on a zone and see if you have 24v going to valve. If you have 24v at the terminal and nothing at the valve, time to start checking the wires.

larbec

Friday, June 22nd 2012, 7:36pm

Thanks. I looked at it with a meter and the main control valvensolenoidnwas bad. $10 and I was rolling!

Monday, June 25th 2012, 8:10am

Glad to hear it.
Sometimes you luck out and it's easy.

Rate this thread