You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

rlowrie

Saturday, June 23rd 2012, 11:27am

DIY oops with Wilkins 975XL

Tried a DIY on my Wilkins 975XL that had a slight drip. My sprinkler contractor said it was easier just to replace (10 yrs old) for about $300 plus install costs. I decided to try to fix it on my own. I went online and found a repair kit exactly for this model with new internal parts and fairly easily replaced them all. The problem is that now when turning the water back on now the water just free flows out of the relief valve! The parts are new, installed correctly (I believe) but for some reason something is off. Any thoughts or experience with parts replacement of these? Thanks

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, June 23rd 2012, 11:51am

Make sure the outlet valve is closed when you first apply pressure to the repaired device.

rlowrie

Saturday, June 23rd 2012, 11:56am

Oy- figured it out

Helps to read the fine print. The two big springs in the two valves are not the same- I had them reversed so had too strong of a spring in one and too weak in the other. :whistling:

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Saturday, June 23rd 2012, 12:55pm

You probably need to get the device tested. If you have a high health hazard device, and it was basically rebuilt by a home owner it is normally the law to have it tested annually.

Good Luck. :thumbsup:
You still saved a lot of cash.

Kudos for that.
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Rate this thread