You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Lilreddvl

Starting Member

Monday, June 25th 2012, 10:15pm

Nelson/Signature Valve leaking post diaphragm repair

Short of shutting the water off and letting the grass die.... I am at my whits ends. :wacko:

Replaced all the solenoids, replaced the transformer to the garage box...working on the diaphragms, got valve one done... second and third are installed and now leaking :huh: *leaking is an understatement* 8| 8| I shut the irrigation off immediately, and now am letting the box dry out. I have older nelson/signature valves 7500 series I believe. Approx sprinkler system install date is close too 15 years ago. It was working the year I bought the home (2010). I limped the system along last year with the solenoid replacements, this year, the box transformer and the valves died. Prior to replacing diaphragm in valves 2 and 3, partial system would come on when irrigation valve was turned on and of course would not communicate with the box, post replacement none of the sprinklers came on...which is a small victory for me :thumbsup: .. but then the box flooded :( alas.. epic failure still. :cursing:

I have 6 valves, 4, 5 and 6 are ...fingers crossed..functioning. Valve 1 is just waiting on me to fix 2 and 3. All 6 valves are in 2 separate boxes on opposite sides of the yard.

I am seriously ready to throw in the towel. Any suggestions? thoughts? I am a homeowner that knows just enough :huh: to get into major trouble :evil:

Rate this thread