You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

chrisratz

Unregistered

Wednesday, June 27th 2012, 7:40pm

Hunter Pro-C turns sprinklers on and off

Hi, I have a Hunter Pro-C, and at random times it will turn the sprinklers in a zone on for a couple seconds, then back off for a few seconds, then back on, then back off, and so forth for 5-10 minutes. Then it moves to the next zone and does the same. Does anybody have any idea what might cause this?

mrfixit

Wednesday, June 27th 2012, 10:29pm

I don't have a clue.
Look on the back of the faceplate. There might be instructions there on how to reset the controller. If not check the manual. It's available online if you don't have one.
I think I'd reset it by removing back up battery and unpluging it for 5 minutes as well.
Make sure the faceplate it plugged in all the way.
Look for spider webs. Maybe they're shorting it out somehow. Far fetched but who knows.

Thursday, June 28th 2012, 8:20am

I don't mind grasping at straws.

Controllers are sensitive to electrical fields.
Any high power devices running? Welders can interfere, pump switches, etc.
Any particular time of day?
When it happens, do you look up to see if a UFO might be hanging around?
You never know about those guys.;)

On the other hand, could be broken.

chrisratz

Unregistered

Friday, June 29th 2012, 11:15pm

I don't have a clue.
Look on the back of the faceplate. There might be instructions there on how to reset the controller. If not check the manual. It's available online if you don't have one.
I think I'd reset it by removing back up battery and unpluging it for 5 minutes as well.
Make sure the faceplate it plugged in all the way.
Look for spider webs. Maybe they're shorting it out somehow. Far fetched but who knows.

Ill give it a shot, thanks for the tip.

chrisratz

Unregistered

Friday, June 29th 2012, 11:18pm

I don't mind grasping at straws.

Controllers are sensitive to electrical fields.
Any high power devices running? Welders can interfere, pump switches, etc.
Any particular time of day?
When it happens, do you look up to see if a UFO might be hanging around?
You never know about those guys.;)

On the other hand, could be broken.

Everyone knows alien ships use advanced cloaking devices, so of course i don't see them, duh!

:-)

Rate this thread