You are not logged in.

PintoDr

Thursday, June 28th 2012, 11:50pm

Irritrol RD600-EXT-R Only Runs Valve 1

Okay, first post, here it goes: I did not install this system, it was present when my wife and I bought our home in December 2011. That being said, I just had a landscaper out and everything was working fine until I decided to change the run time from the default 7:00AM to 7:00PM so I could verify the system was working properly. I have two (valves I think), one in the front yard next to my hose bib, and one in the back yard next to another hose bib (both have electrical wires attached to them). Long story short, I can't get the controller to auto run valve 2 after programming. It will turn on valve 1 for the front yard at the programmed time, but nothing for valve 2. I have completed a full factory reset on the controller, I have run the "Station Test Run Feature" and verified both valve 1 and valve 2 work, I only have one "Start Time" set (though I'd prefer two). Please help! ?(

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, June 29th 2012, 9:20pm

Better get out the owners manual and go over the programming step by step. You might even learn how you could have left well enough alone and still have been able to check operation.

PintoDr

Friday, June 29th 2012, 9:29pm

Better get out the owners manual and go over the programming step by step. You might even learn how you could have left well enough alone and still have been able to check operation.
Amazing, the owners manual, I surely hadn't thought of that one before posting. Did you even READ the original post? I wanted MY controller customized to MY liking, so as far as "how you could have left well enough alone", I hope you (or somebody on this forum) has some actual advice instead of infantile opinions about my problem. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, June 29th 2012, 9:39pm

the point is to RTFM and understand what the controller can and can't accomplish - it doesn't matter what you want, if what you want is outside of the controller's capabilities

and a word to the wise, and everyone else - programming a system so that it runs when you can observe it is not good policy - let it run in the wee hours of the morning, with the best supply pressure and the least wind - you can always check the zones now and again, without altering any programs

if you don't understand why your controller is doing what it's doing, erase all the programming and start over - the owners manual will tell you how that's accomplished

PintoDr

Friday, June 29th 2012, 9:55pm

the point is to RTFM and understand what the controller can and can't accomplish - it doesn't matter what you want, if what you want is outside of the controller's capabilities

and a word to the wise, and everyone else - programming a system so that it runs when you can observe it is not good policy - let it run in the wee hours of the morning, with the best supply pressure and the least wind - you can always check the zones now and again, without altering any programs

if you don't understand why your controller is doing what it's doing, erase all the programming and start over - the owners manual will tell you how that's accomplished
Okay, for the third time, I did RTFM. I didn't understand why it wasn't working, hence the post on a forum about the issue.

As far as the time goes, letting it run in the evening when I'm awake to monitor it instead of 7AM seems like a fantastic idea to me. That way, once a person understands how it works and that it is working correctly it can be set back to the early morning setting.

The controller was reset to default (as stated in the original post).

Good news- I called Irritrol this morning who was able to quickly resolve the issue by explaining to me that only one station will run at a time (I was under the impression both would run together). As of 15 minutes ago I've confirmed all is well with the system, station 1 now runs for 15 minutes in the front yard and station 2 in the back yard for 45 minutes. Hopefully this will help someone else in this situation that is not familiar with drip systems/has just purchased their first home with a system already installed.

On a side note, the initial response to my first post is a classic example of why some people are intimidated to post anything on forums like these. Somebody being new and trying to learn is treated like an idiot because they're not a sprinkler pro or car pro or kitchen pro, etc. it's kinda the same thing regardless of forum. Anyways, my problem's solved so I'm good, but maybe one day we'll be able to treat one another with dignity and respect. Judging from this; I highly doubt it. Thanks again, and have a nice life. :thumbup:

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, June 29th 2012, 10:15pm

If you actually understand the manual, you aren't posting here - there isn't another alternative to this scenario

It happens that the Irritrol Rain Dial controller is a little complicated. There are some advanced operations. It is possible to have more than one zone running at once. No one on the internet can see what you have done with the programming.

Erase the programming and start over. Your owners manual has the information needed for this operation.

Rate this thread