You are not logged in.

reddsky

Saturday, June 30th 2012, 8:55am

Need HELP Irritrol RD-PLUS-INT

Newbie girl here LOL
I have an Irritrol Rain Dial Plus. It has been working just fine since its initial install 1999. Now it is no longer coming on per the program. I can run it in the 'manual' mode just fine. I have unplugged and looked inside where the board is to see if I can visualize any evidence of 'burned' relays or wires or poor connections and nothing obvious to me. I went ahead and replaced the 9v battery and re-set the time for approx. 30 min later in order to test. It still didn't work.
Any ideas???

Thank you! :)

reddsky

Saturday, June 30th 2012, 9:19am

RE: Need HELP Irritrol RD-PLUS-INT

Newbie girl here LOL
I have an Irritrol Rain Dial Plus. It has been working just fine since its initial install 1999. Now it is no longer coming on per the program. I can run it in the 'manual' mode just fine. I have unplugged and looked inside where the board is to see if I can visualize any evidence of 'burned' relays or wires or poor connections and nothing obvious to me. I went ahead and replaced the 9v battery and re-set the time for approx. 30 min later in order to test. It still didn't work.
Any ideas???

Does it make sense ?( that the problem is most likely the controller since the system runs fine in 'manual'? If so, I can purchase a new controller. Thanks again! :)

Thank you! :)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, June 30th 2012, 9:46am

Is there a rain sensor connected to the controller?

reddsky

Saturday, June 30th 2012, 9:48am

No rain sensor.

reddsky

Saturday, June 30th 2012, 10:00am

I am trying something else....unplugged, pulled battery, tightened any loose screws holding wires in place (there were none loose other than for #12 because I only have 11 zones). I will leave it with NO power for a min. of 10 min. and then I will try again.

If this doesn't work, do I assume it's the timer?

reddsky

Saturday, June 30th 2012, 10:54am

Well my experiment= fail

So is it time for a new controller or ????

Thank you for your help.

mrfixit

Saturday, June 30th 2012, 11:25am

Since you've been working with the controller since 1999 I'm going to assume you know what you're doing. You sound like you do anyway.

--

The controller sounds fried to me.

--

If you like the RainDial click HERE
--
P.S. There's free shipping on this item. =)

motivated1

Monday, July 16th 2012, 8:37pm

new contrloller in your near future

My $.02 is an Rainbird ESP with remote kit. Save you some time on maintenance visits. 8)
Give a man a gun, he'll rob a bank. Give a man a bank, he'll rob a country.

Rate this thread