You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Bill_147

Sunday, July 1st 2012, 10:44am

Water Seeping Through the Sprinkler Heads

I have a Rainbird ESP modular sprinkler system containing 11 zones. When set to "auto" the sprinkler heads in zone 1 just seep water. Zone 2 works fine...but I have 5 other zones where the water just seeps out of the sprinkler heads. Oddly enough, if I manually select zone 1 and press the start the sprinkler heads pop up fine. Now, I'm forced to manually turn the dial to each zone to get the system to work. For example, I just went and turned the dial to zone 1, and pushed start and works like a champ. I will have to do this for the next 10 zones to water my HUGH lawn. Appreciate any help!

mrfixit

Sunday, July 1st 2012, 11:12am

Try resetting the controller as per the instructions in the manual.
Manual

Bill_147

Sunday, July 1st 2012, 11:30am

Thank you very much for the suggestion. I just did it and will see what happens. The pump kicked on during the reset process - guess that would be normal...

Bill_147

Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 5:15pm

Regrettably it didn't work. Same as before. I set the module on "auto" and it kicks the pump on but zone 1 (among others) just seep. Again, many of the zones work - it's just the other 4-5 that don't. Could the module not be sending a strong enough signal to the valves (silenoids?). Obviously...I'm a novice at this but paid a lot of money to have a new yard installed so definitely need the water. As previously mentioned if I turn the module to the different zones 1-11 they work just fine. Ideas?

Thursday, July 5th 2012, 8:07am

When on auto check voltage at zone terminals. Should be 24v. If not, controller problem.
Not sure how as they work on manual but it's something you should check.

Rate this thread