You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, July 2nd 2012, 1:03pm

Use of 90 elbows

Hello. This is my first project and I am having one heck of a time trying to install my valve manifold to the poly pipe. This started as a repair of the mainline manifold and now is a replacement...May I install 90 degree elbows at the valve outlet (1" FIPT) and a barb fittings at the the poly pipe (1") WITHOUT sacrificing flowrate? It is the only way I can figure out to get the manifold barbs into the 5 poly pipes. There is not enough 'play' in the ends of the poly pipe in the valve box. Thanks.

Monday, July 2nd 2012, 1:31pm

Yes.
There is a point where theory gives way to practical.
If your pressure and flow are anywhere near where they should be then the fitting loss will be ok.

Monday, July 2nd 2012, 2:43pm

:thumbup: thanks much.

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 8:00am

You may be able to use 45?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, July 4th 2012, 2:11pm

One way to take the mystery out of fittings is to look at them as being equivalent to a certain length of pipe the same size - there are tables of these equivalencies

Thursday, July 5th 2012, 8:12am

Here is the fitting equivalency chart boots was talking about.
Look at bottom of page

Rate this thread