You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Lainiest

Monday, July 2nd 2012, 7:11pm

Rainbird SST controller- display goes blank for one zone only

I have a Rainbird SST controller that is new. I had wires coming in from the wall with no controller and took a chance and wired it up.
One wire - no matter what zone on the controller that I hook it to will not power on a zone of sprinklers. When operating manually or automatically with the controller. When that zone is selected- the proper info shows in the display and then the display will go blank. After a couple of seconds the info will display again, and then the display will go blank again.
Any ideas?
Thank you!

mrfixit

Monday, July 2nd 2012, 10:35pm

Could be a bad solenoid or crossed wiring.
Figure out which valve it's supposed to run, disconnect one wire from the solenoid. Does it still blank out? If not replace the solenoid.

Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 8:00am

any chance it's an extra wire?

Rate this thread