You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

PersO

Unregistered

Wednesday, July 4th 2012, 5:45pm

Valves will not open electronically

I have three rainjet classic control valves that will not operate electronically. The valves were installed 3 years ago, however, I just began to use the valves recently. I can manually operated the valves, however, when I turn the bleed screws or unscrew the solenoids, the valves begin to leak. I have not attempted to replace any components of the valves. I checked to see if the valves were correctly installed and double checked the wiring connection at the timer. Please help.....

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, July 4th 2012, 6:09pm

If you turn a bleed screw counter-clockwise, you are supposed to have water escaping. As for not responding to a controller, you have to verify that the wiring is without faults. Use your multimeter to check the resistance of each zone.

Rate this thread