You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

yarder

Unregistered

Sunday, July 8th 2012, 10:52am

sprinkler wont come on

sprinkler wont start on auto or manual...where would one start to trouble shoot?

kalivoda

Sunday, July 8th 2012, 7:47pm

Have you tried to turn them on by hand at the valve? on my valves at the solenoid there is a knob to turn them on by hand. If they don't come on even then, I'd check the water to make sure its on, then try adjusting the flow control if your valves have it. It's possible if the flow control knob is turned all the way closed water can't get thru the valve even when its turned on (open)

you might also use a voltage meter to check that the controller is sending voltage to the solenoids, but if the controller is the problem then the above method of opening the valves by hand should work. if you're getting voltage at the valves, and they come on when opened by hand, my guess would be bad solenoids, but it would seem weird if all your solenoids went bad at once... Maybe not I'm no expert just sounds unlikely. I am assuming its more than one valve you're having problems with.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "kalivoda" (Jul 8th 2012, 7:54pm)

Monday, July 9th 2012, 9:13am

One or all?
kalivoda covered most the bases.

Rate this thread