You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Javier

Unregistered

Sunday, July 8th 2012, 11:23am

How to cover a 9x40' strip?

Hi, I'm looking for recommendations to cover a small strip of grass between my driveway and my neighbor. It's a 9' by 40' strip. No trees, bushes or fence.

Are the "strip nozzles" the right way to go ?? Are they reliable?
I'm thinking about using the Hunter SS-918 nozzle (9x18').

Or would you recommend using regular spray nozzles (I love MP rotators) adjusting the arc accordingly??

Thanks for the advice.
PS: I'm running on city water, 65PSI, 8GPM. I already have 4 zones for other parts of the lawn and looking to add this final strip as a new zone.

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 8th 2012, 4:18pm

I didn't have luck with Toro strips.

Consider the MP rotators in a triangle pattern. And look for suggestions from the pros here.

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 8th 2012, 8:05pm

I'd probably stick with 10' part circle nozzles. You've got plenty of water for the area you want to irrigate. 5 sprays would cover the area perfectly. Using the side strips would save you 1 spray, however.

Rate this thread