You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Rendaug

Sunday, January 18th 2004, 12:31pm

Clueless where to start

I have an imperial 6 zone controller that will not run zone 3. It continues to pop the reset button on the control panel. I can manually run zones 1,2,4 and nothing is connected to 5,6. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

drpete3

Supreme Member

Monday, January 19th 2004, 3:54am

did this just start or is this a new installation?
Thanks,

Pete

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Tuesday, January 20th 2004, 2:28am

If it is popping the reset button..more than likely a bad solenoid on zone 3.....or direct short.

Locate zone 3....remove wires from solenoid....try again with timer. With the solenoid essentially now removed from the system....it shouldn't pop the reset button. If it does, it isn't the solenoid, if it doesn't...replace the solenoid, should work.

Good luck,
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

Rendaug

Sunday, February 8th 2004, 10:37am

SprinklerGuy comes through again.... I had been traveling and not able to try your recommendation, but it worked - solenoid was bad, did not trip when disconnected. Changed out and boom water again, thanks.

Rate this thread