You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Colorado Hiker

Starting Member

Tuesday, July 10th 2012, 7:03am

Adding a new valve to existing system

Greetings:
I would like to add a new valve to my existing system WITHOUT running a new wire. I'm considering 1) the "add-a-zone" product; 2) the "doubler" product; or 3) something else?
It looks like the add-a-zone is more flexible (and a tish cheaper).
Does it really work?
Are there long term issues?
Am I wasting my money?
Is there a better product out there?
Thanks in advance!
Jim

Tuesday, July 10th 2012, 8:29am

I haven't installed any add-a-zone but have come across a couple of them doing repairs.
They were both a few years old and the customers said they never had any problems with them.
Actually, one man had purchased the home about 5 years earlier and didn't even know the add-a-zone was there.

Otherwise you are looking at a battery operated controller like the Hunter node
Probably more than you want to get into as it requires it's own programming and won't tie back to your system.

mrfixit

Tuesday, July 10th 2012, 11:12am

I've only seen two myself. Installed one and ran across one. They seem to work as advertised.
I've never had a problem with the Hunter battery operated valves either.
--
Have you considered converting two existing valves into one freeing up a wire?