You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

architerp

Starting Member

Tuesday, July 10th 2012, 7:22pm

Rough Installation

I'm completely new to this so I'll give it a shot.

I'm going to be laying a new patio in a few months if not weeks and I decided I wanted to rough in a sprinkler system for me to possibly complete next year.

What sort of equipment/lines would I need to rough in? Im thinking the main supply line from my house under the patio into a manifold box just beyond the concrete so I can install the separate lines next year. Power? If I run all of this under the patio, into the manifold box beyond the patio in the grass am I okay to finish the installation next year? Do I need to rough in anything else?

Thanks for any help.

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Tuesday, July 10th 2012, 7:24pm

No sprinkler lines should be under anything you don't want to have to tear up if something should go wrong. If it is an absolute must, make sure to put a sleeve under the patio.

Wednesday, July 11th 2012, 8:14am

Don't go under the patio if you can help it.
If you do, run extra wires just in case.

And, like central said, sleeve everything.

Rate this thread