You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, January 22nd 2004, 4:30am

need help with sprinkler heads...

What king of sprinker heads do yo think would work best for watering a dirt race track???? I need to cover a section of the track 1500 ft long by 25 ft wide. the supply line will be 10-15 off the track and run parallel with the track. Need to get a good even coverage.

Thanks

RVLI

Supreme Member

Thursday, January 22nd 2004, 5:22pm

That's a tough one. Will the heads get ridden over?

Thursday, January 22nd 2004, 11:55pm

No. The heads will not get ridden on.. They will be 10-15 ft. from the track..

mrwettech

Advanced Member

Friday, January 23rd 2004, 10:36am

You will receive many different points of opinion. I would consider the Hunter I-20 ultra rotor. The reason being that you can controll the flow of water at each head plus you will be able to turn off individual heads if need be. However, you will probably need to install the heads closer to the track then 15 ft. You may be fine at 10 ft since the max radius of this model is 47 ft. Understand that since you are trying to achieve uniformed coverage from only one side you will need the radius of your stream to extend past the track. We will need to know more information for spacing suggestions like the available psi and gpm. I hope this helps. I'm interested in hearing some other suggestions because there may be something I didn't think of.

drpete3

Supreme Member

Saturday, January 24th 2004, 4:50am

The other thing to consider is that this is a very dirty place. (Dirt track I assume) and the heads need to withstand this. Is the I-20 good from this standpoint? I have never used them.
Thanks,

Pete

mrwettech

Advanced Member

Sunday, January 25th 2004, 8:04am

Mike: Is that a picture of the track on your homepage? This would answer a few questions.

Sunday, January 25th 2004, 11:49am

Yes. The lower picture (with the pond) shows the section I want to install sprinklers on. It will start at the lower left corner of the pond and go to the right of the picture. A portion of the track is not shown (top right)The track makes a sweeping curve and comes back in front of the pond.

I'm going to see if my son can post that picture on here with some markings. Thanks!!

Rate this thread