You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

RMike

Thursday, July 19th 2012, 1:46pm

pop-ups lose pressure over time

I have ran into two different systems that 1 zone of pop-ups will lose pressure after the first 2-3 minutes the pop-ups will actually go down. The zones before and after these zones are rotators and don't lose pressure and have good water coverage. I have changed out the pop-ups to Rainbird 1800s and still have the problem. Any ideas as to what I can do to correct the problem?

mrfixit

Thursday, July 19th 2012, 1:48pm

Do they pop back up if you open the bleeder screw on the valve?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, July 19th 2012, 2:47pm

is this on well water?

RMike

Thursday, July 19th 2012, 3:29pm

Pop-up loses pressure

I have opened the bleeder screw up and yes they come back up but back down. Yes both are on wells, and the pressure regulators is set for 45 and 60 psi. on 1 system the pressure bleeds down to 25 psi and doesn't recover until the next zone (rotors) comes on.

Thursday, July 19th 2012, 4:40pm

At this point I back out and let the pump expert handle it.

No pressure there, eh' Boots?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, July 20th 2012, 7:10am

It would seem obvious that a zone where the pressure is dropping is drawing down the well - reduce the zone flows, and the pressure will remain adequate

Rate this thread