You are not logged in.

Butch

Unregistered

Thursday, July 19th 2012, 2:43pm

Weak water flow

Hi,

I have one zone with 4 Hunter I-20s. When the zone comes on only 3 heads pop up and the water flow is very poor. They spray maybe 10 feet. I thought if there was a leak somewhere in the PVC there would be puddling or bubbling of water. I don't have anything that resembles a leak. All my other zones are fine. Thanks for your help.

Thursday, July 19th 2012, 3:25pm

Worked previously?
Valve may not be opening properly. Open with bleed screw, see what happens.

Butch

Unregistered

Thursday, July 19th 2012, 5:41pm

Worked previously?
Valve may not be opening properly. Open with bleed screw, see what happens.
Thanks Gator Guy. I'll give it a try. It worked fine for the last 25 years!

mrfixit

Thursday, July 19th 2012, 6:17pm

See if the 4th head isn't broke off.

Butch

Unregistered

Thursday, July 19th 2012, 7:03pm

See if the 4th head isn't broke off.
Nope, it's there. I stood on one of the other ones and it popped up!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, July 20th 2012, 7:13am

a system over 20 years old is a prime candidate for having a pipe choked by tree roots

mrfixit

Saturday, July 21st 2012, 12:34am

Did you ever try to turn it on with the bleeder screw like Gator suggested? If it comes on full blast after doing so then change the diaphragm.
---
If you still can't figure it, I'd be looking for a break in the pipe. Let it run longer. If the break is near a sidewalk or driveway it can travel under the cement for many feet before surfacing. I saw one once that went 70 feet and came up under the neighbors driveway.
Let it run a half hour if need be.

Butch

Unregistered

Friday, August 3rd 2012, 2:52pm

Hot diggity dog!! I turned out the bleeder screw and took it out so the water flowed at full force. Bam! The head popped up with a real strong flow and the flow in the other 3 heads were even greater! In haven't seen that much water coming from those heads in several years. Flowing just like new. Thanks guys!! Wow what a difference. I guess I should do that to my other zones just for maintainence purposes.

Butch