You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

yanbingyu

Unregistered

Wednesday, July 25th 2012, 8:19pm

Multiple zones been turned on at the same time

I got this problem of multiple zones been turned on at the same time, hope someone can help me resolve it.

The controller is RainDial RD600, and the whole system is been running fine for more than 12 years. Just recently I found the water pressure was very low, then I noticed several zones are turned on at the same time, which is not suppose to happen, which causes the water pressure very low coming out of the sprinklers. Then I did some studies and investigations.
1. The RD600 seems working fine, as I measured the output control voltages, using a voltage meter, are all correct. Only the "Master Valve" and one of the zones turned on at any one time.
2. I measured there are no shorts between the control terminals, ruled out possibly cross-wires.
3. I tried to just apply 24VAC to "Mater Valve" to turn only the master valve, then zone#2, #4, #6 are all turned on.

What could be the problems with the system? How can I fix them? Thanks in advance.

mrfixit

Wednesday, July 25th 2012, 9:17pm

All three valves might need repair.
--
The bleeder screws might be open?
--
The solenoids might be in the on position?
--
Some valves even have a little lever you can flip to turn on the valve manually.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, July 26th 2012, 6:42am

bring back a photo of the zone valves

yanbingyu

Unregistered

Thursday, July 26th 2012, 11:34am

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions. I will do more checks.

Rate this thread