You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

gbible

Starting Member

Thursday, July 26th 2012, 8:09pm

eight head zone pressure drops to about zero

I have an 8 zone system. One of the zones can not hold pressure. I am using a 1 1/2 hp pump on a well. I just replaced the piping in the zone. It is piped with 1'' and 3/4'' pipe thru out. There are 7 popups and one impact rotor. Before replacing the pipes the zone worked but with very low pressure, maybe around 20 psi. It was piped with mostly 1/2'' pipe. The zone starts strong at 58 psi then as it drops the pump kicks in at 38 psi but quickly drops to below 10 psi and finally to about 2 psi. All this happens in about 30 seconds. There are no leaks that I can detect. The zone has run for 30 minutes with no leakage. Any suggestions?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, July 27th 2012, 2:53am

close off some heads and try again

Rate this thread