You are not logged in.

jmdsurf45

Starting Member

Saturday, July 28th 2012, 4:04pm

Wire

New to the forum. Having a pool put in my back yard and I had a 4 valve sprinkler system there including a 5 valve in the front yard. Well, the piping and electrical wires went through the pool so of course they cut them, I'm trying to make sense of it all. The backflow preventer is in the front yard so the supply water to the back valves goes from there to the opposite corner of the house, at least a 50' run. Then the control box is in the garage opposite of the backflow side so the wires go down that side of the house into the backyard valves, across the back yard in the piping trenches to the front yard valves. So, I figured out how to salvage the piping and most of the sprinkler heads. But they cut the wires somewhere under the pool pump and filter pad and several other places, the wires are red and white, loose. Can I splice into the wires or should I run new wire from the controller to each of the pumps, 9 runs at 50' and 5 runs at 60', that's going to be expensive.
Thanks!

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Saturday, July 28th 2012, 7:41pm

Personally, I would run all new wire, an new supply line from the vacuum Breaker to all of the Back Yard. I would even redo all of the Back System. It is not going to be cheap, but one pill is easier to swallow compared to all of the leaks, and problems that will arise after you reconnect to the existing back yard, and dead new landscape that you will want after the pool installation.

In my Experience a pro usually will charge between 1200 and 1500 to redo most back yard pool systems.

Good Luck.

:thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Monday, July 30th 2012, 8:31am

You can splice with good waterproof connectors and probably do fine for a long time.
However, as Todd indicated, you're adding one more point for trouble in the future.
While we are real big on do-it-yourself on this forum this might be a time to call in a pro.
There is a good chance you have damage you don't even know about yet.
Plus, as your landscape has changed drastically, so has your irrigation demands.

If you want to do it yourself, come back here with questions and pictures.
Pictures go a long way towards helping figure out a problem.
We'll help you through it.