You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Bonelawr

Sunday, July 29th 2012, 9:45am

Rainbird ESP plays the olde "IGNORE THE HUMAN" game.

Greetings to all. New here to the forum and of course stumbled in pursuant to an issue. Have a Rainbird ESP system with 6 zones. It's about 5 years old... at least the controller is. I have to research that further. This AM I awake to see that one of the zones is still running... and that's not right. So.... let's see if I can stop it.

First... the manual sez to turn the dial to "OFF" and that should shut down the system and stop the water. Nope. Not at all. 2nd thing? UNPLUG the unit and THAT should shut down the system. OK... done. Nope. STILL watering away as a mindless idiot would. Seriously... I absolutely HATE "IGNORE THE HUMAN"....

So with all that failing.... I close the gate valve that feeds the system. This of course finally shuts the water off.

I'm thinking.... that it's not the controller.... and I have a valve sticking.... but am unsure where to start. I'll start searching around in here... my apologies, I usually do that first in any forums but thought... well, let me post this issue on the off chance that it's a rather common, easily remedied (tongue FIRMLY planted in cheek) issue.

Bigtime thanks in advance and to everyone here... LOL... "Happy Watering".

Later!

Larry "Boneman" Bone

Cape Coral, FL

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 29th 2012, 10:46am

Once you unplug the controller, the stuck-open valve is purely a mechanical issue within the valve.

Bonelawr

Sunday, July 29th 2012, 11:38am

Kinda my thoughts too. How does one deterimine which valve. Well... I'll have to dig into it... at the moment too friggin' HOT out there to mess with much of anything.

Later!

Larry "Boneman" Bone

Cape Coral, FL