You are not logged in.

explorer716

Starting Member

Sunday, July 29th 2012, 3:24pm

Automate Turning on & off Rid-O-Rust use

I have a Rid-O-Rust siphoning system I use to control rust in my lawn sprinkling system. My well water has a high iron content, thus I use a lot of this product and to save money I have split my watering between zones requiring rust control and those not needing it.

My sprinkler system has six zones. It uses Rid-O-Rust on 4 zones and other 2 zones are OK without it. The system controller has two programmable settings. I set Program A for the zones using rust control and Program B for the other two zones without rust control. I run the programs on alternate days, but for this to work correctly I have to remember each day to open or close the cutoff valve on the 3/8" O.D. plastic hose running between the pump piping and the Rid-O-Rust tank. I would like to automate this chore. Any suggestions would be most welcomed.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 29th 2012, 5:03pm

Off-the-shelf solutions are probably unavailable. If you want something simple and sure, you will have to work up something with a small "direct-acting" solenoid valve in line with the chemical feed.

Rate this thread