You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

explorer716

Starting Member

Sunday, July 29th 2012, 3:24pm

Automate Turning on & off Rid-O-Rust use

I have a Rid-O-Rust siphoning system I use to control rust in my lawn sprinkling system. My well water has a high iron content, thus I use a lot of this product and to save money I have split my watering between zones requiring rust control and those not needing it.

My sprinkler system has six zones. It uses Rid-O-Rust on 4 zones and other 2 zones are OK without it. The system controller has two programmable settings. I set Program A for the zones using rust control and Program B for the other two zones without rust control. I run the programs on alternate days, but for this to work correctly I have to remember each day to open or close the cutoff valve on the 3/8" O.D. plastic hose running between the pump piping and the Rid-O-Rust tank. I would like to automate this chore. Any suggestions would be most welcomed.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 29th 2012, 5:03pm

Off-the-shelf solutions are probably unavailable. If you want something simple and sure, you will have to work up something with a small "direct-acting" solenoid valve in line with the chemical feed.

Rate this thread