You are not logged in.

Katester

Monday, July 30th 2012, 1:09pm

Lawn Genie - Can't locate controller...

Purchased house with a Lawn Genie system, I cannot seem to locate the controller. On eiter side of the house I have there PVC pipes coming out of the ground with what appear to be ball type valves.
I have looked in the basement for the water turn off and the controller box but I cannot find anything in the are below where the pvc pipes come out of the ground. I'd like to see if I can get the system working. I can see the Lawn Genie heads in the shruberry areas but thatis all I can see.
Any suggestions regarding what I should belooking for? ?(

Monday, July 30th 2012, 3:03pm

Are you sure there is a controller and it's not a manual system?
Are the ball valves open?
If not, what happens if you turn on the ball valves?

Katester

Tuesday, July 31st 2012, 7:02pm

Lawn Genie

Nothing happens. No water in the system. I have no idea what I have. Could be manual but I have a well and I can't seem to locate any thing that looks like a water line to the system. Would the shut off for the water going from the well to the irrigation system be located near the well bladder or somewhere else?

I have a couple of pictures but I can't figure out how to get them on here. :wacko:

Katester

Tuesday, July 31st 2012, 7:11pm

Katester

Tuesday, July 31st 2012, 7:13pm

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 10:14am

Consider doing the control plumbing over again. There should be a visible backflow preventer in the supply.

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 10:59am

are you sure the system is still there? Those three open end valves don't do much with a pipe on one end only.

Rate this thread