You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Katester

Monday, July 30th 2012, 1:09pm

Lawn Genie - Can't locate controller...

Purchased house with a Lawn Genie system, I cannot seem to locate the controller. On eiter side of the house I have there PVC pipes coming out of the ground with what appear to be ball type valves.
I have looked in the basement for the water turn off and the controller box but I cannot find anything in the are below where the pvc pipes come out of the ground. I'd like to see if I can get the system working. I can see the Lawn Genie heads in the shruberry areas but thatis all I can see.
Any suggestions regarding what I should belooking for? ?(

Monday, July 30th 2012, 3:03pm

Are you sure there is a controller and it's not a manual system?
Are the ball valves open?
If not, what happens if you turn on the ball valves?

Katester

Tuesday, July 31st 2012, 7:02pm

Lawn Genie

Nothing happens. No water in the system. I have no idea what I have. Could be manual but I have a well and I can't seem to locate any thing that looks like a water line to the system. Would the shut off for the water going from the well to the irrigation system be located near the well bladder or somewhere else?

I have a couple of pictures but I can't figure out how to get them on here. :wacko:

Katester

Tuesday, July 31st 2012, 7:11pm

Katester

Tuesday, July 31st 2012, 7:13pm

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 10:14am

Consider doing the control plumbing over again. There should be a visible backflow preventer in the supply.

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 10:59am

are you sure the system is still there? Those three open end valves don't do much with a pipe on one end only.

Rate this thread