You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Unregistered

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 10:54am

Hunter PRO C Error code - P ERR

I would like to try and fix this issue on my own but need some help in determining the master valve. Shouldn't this valve be located close to the DCA or ball valve? Would the master valve be the same size as those vavles that control the other zones in my system? The error code indicates that there is a fault in the wire to the pump start or master valve. Check the master valve or pump start wire for continuity. OK, what color wire am I looking for and as far as continuity I believe there were good instruction on this sire that explains this test. Thanks

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 10:57am

The valve will probably be the same size as the others and yes, inline with the DCA and ball valve. However, it can be after the DCA. Really, it can be anywhere on the main line from after the ball valve to just before the zone valves.
Wire color is unknown but red and white are most common.

agpunter

Starting Member

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 11:02am

before leaving for work I did "turn" the cellanoid and nothing happened (no water flow). would that indicate a wire issue?

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 11:19am

No, by manually turning the solenoid and not getting water flow you point towards the valve.
Wired or not, unscrewing the solenoid should open the valve and let water through.

Or it could be there is no water in the pipe.

Rate this thread