You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, August 8th 2012, 2:08am

Water flow problem between manual and automatic

I have a 5 valve zone system connected to a wired inside automatic programmed controller for my lawn and flower bed. When I turn on the manual 3/4" brass anti siphon valve at the tiny dial on the valve for a particular zone, the spray is wonderful and covers all areas. Also, when I turn the zone on manually via the controller, the spray is also just fine. However, when the automatic program turns on the the same zone, the spray is down between 25 to 50 % less.

I've tried opening the sprinkler heads all the way on the automatic cycle to let out the maximum amount of water flow, to no avail.
I've played with the solenoids and have moved them around to no avail.
I've checked and moved the wiring around to no avail.
I've purchased some new anti siphon valves to no avail.
And finally, I've installed a new controller to no avail.
What in the world am I missing, or did I not do one of the steps above correctly. Thanks for your help. Or do you know someone that makes service calls North of Santa Monica, CA

mrfixit

Wednesday, August 8th 2012, 2:40am

Maybe the valve that comes on just before the problem valve isn't shutting off thus stealing he pressure from your problem valve.
This would explain why it works manually from the controller. The valve before it doesn't come on that way but does during the normal cycle.
--
If that's the case you could move the wire from the valve that doesn't shut off to run last. This will allow it to build enough pressure to shut off... You could also try turning the flow control down on the stuck valve.

Wednesday, August 8th 2012, 5:57pm

Thanks for the idea. I'll check it out, but it's more than one zone that has the problem. I'll take a look at all of the zones as well and see if where my problem ones come on and off in the series and change some of the wires around. Very interesting, and thanks again. Will let you know. Jerry

Saturday, August 18th 2012, 12:46am

you replaced all the anti siphon valves with new or just some of them,old stuck valve comes to mind here. also do you have 2 wires from 2 valves going into 1 zone on the timer? if so, go to 1 wire per zone.just thoughts that come to mind . glgl

Rate this thread