You are not logged in.

Saturday, August 11th 2012, 2:12pm

RainBird ESP-6Si - fuse help needed

I have a Rainbird ESP 6SI. It is blowing fuses. I can place a new fuse in the controller and set the time and date. When i start watering a zone it blows a fuse. I then disconnected all 6 zone wires from the controller. The only wires i have left are the 2 power wires into the controller and a ground and then what is going out to the yard COM and MV wires. When i select to start it blows a fuse immediatly. I would guess i have a short in the COM or MV wires. Would that be correct? Is the solution to find the cut in the wire? The other problem i have is i can only find one station valve. I have owned the house for 14 years and think the station valves have been grown over. Is there a way to locate the station valves? Thank you, this is my first post here in if I'm in the wrong section, sorry.

thank you,

John

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, August 11th 2012, 2:24pm

Have you considered the likelihood that you have a short-circuited master valve?

Saturday, August 11th 2012, 2:29pm

master valve

I just disconnected the wire to the Master Valve and the system did not blow any fuses when i reconnected the zone wires. So i do think it is the wiring to the master valve. I just do not know where the Master valve is located. Any way to find wires or valves?

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Saturday, August 11th 2012, 4:01pm

A safe place to start is the Backflow device. Start with a 3 foot radius with the Backflow in the middle. Also check in between the Pipes of the Backflow device. This is usually where they are installed. Usually after the Backflow with in 3 feet.

Good Luck. :thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Saturday, August 11th 2012, 6:03pm

finder

I rented a device that makes the valves buzz and i was able to find 4 of them but not the Master Valve. I do not know the location of the Back Flow device. I do know where the system connects to the main water. That may be a good place to look around.

Thank you for your help.

Sunday, August 12th 2012, 8:33am

found mastervalve

I found the Master Valve. I ran a new temporary MV wire from the control pan to the valve and it still blew a fuse. I will replace the silanoid of the master valve. I will be taking a break from the project until Friday. Have to travel for work. Again, thank you for your help.

Rate this thread