You are not logged in.

Michaelc

Sunday, August 19th 2012, 4:32pm

All zones operate all the time

We just purchased a new home with a Nelson Smartzone ez controller. Here is my problem. When
I turn the water on to the system, All the zones run at once and will not shut off unless I turn the water off from the street. Even of I turn the valves off manually. Also as soon as I turn the control box to auto it starts counting down. No matter what time I have it set to start. So what do I start fixing first??? Thank you in advance

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, August 19th 2012, 5:04pm

download a copy of the manual and check the programming and troubleshooting sections - find a link for the manual by searching for "Nelson" and the controller model number

Michaelc

Sunday, August 19th 2012, 7:37pm

Boots, as far as I can tell everything is set in the controller correctly. I may start cleaning valves tonight ;(

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, August 19th 2012, 9:58pm

Bring back a photo of the valves.

mrfixit

Sunday, August 19th 2012, 11:26pm

Do the valves shut off if you unplug the controller?

Michaelc

Monday, August 20th 2012, 12:49pm

I cleaned all the valve bodies that I could find. Checked voltage to each solenoid. They all checked out. Then I disconnected all the wires from the control box and manually turned all the valves off. Turned the water back on and they all started blowing. I could only find 4 valve boxes. And there were 12 wires plugged into the controller. Is it possible there are more valve boxes that I haven't found yet?

mrfixit

Monday, August 20th 2012, 8:15pm

Yep you probably have more valves.
Try turning the flow controls all the way off. Then turn the water supply back on. Now open the flow controls one at a time. Don't go to the second valve until the first valve shuts off.
---
Do the solenoids have plungers in them? Are the solenoids turned all the way clockwise and snug?
Yep a picture would help.

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Tuesday, August 21st 2012, 8:12am

Maybe obvious and checked, but if the last time the system was serviced was for a winterizing, maybe all zones are open at the valves...either the solenoid is open or the bleed valve or both.

Rate this thread