You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Michaelc

Sunday, August 19th 2012, 4:32pm

All zones operate all the time

We just purchased a new home with a Nelson Smartzone ez controller. Here is my problem. When
I turn the water on to the system, All the zones run at once and will not shut off unless I turn the water off from the street. Even of I turn the valves off manually. Also as soon as I turn the control box to auto it starts counting down. No matter what time I have it set to start. So what do I start fixing first??? Thank you in advance

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, August 19th 2012, 5:04pm

download a copy of the manual and check the programming and troubleshooting sections - find a link for the manual by searching for "Nelson" and the controller model number

Michaelc

Sunday, August 19th 2012, 7:37pm

Boots, as far as I can tell everything is set in the controller correctly. I may start cleaning valves tonight ;(

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, August 19th 2012, 9:58pm

Bring back a photo of the valves.

mrfixit

Sunday, August 19th 2012, 11:26pm

Do the valves shut off if you unplug the controller?

Michaelc

Monday, August 20th 2012, 12:49pm

I cleaned all the valve bodies that I could find. Checked voltage to each solenoid. They all checked out. Then I disconnected all the wires from the control box and manually turned all the valves off. Turned the water back on and they all started blowing. I could only find 4 valve boxes. And there were 12 wires plugged into the controller. Is it possible there are more valve boxes that I haven't found yet?

mrfixit

Monday, August 20th 2012, 8:15pm

Yep you probably have more valves.
Try turning the flow controls all the way off. Then turn the water supply back on. Now open the flow controls one at a time. Don't go to the second valve until the first valve shuts off.
---
Do the solenoids have plungers in them? Are the solenoids turned all the way clockwise and snug?
Yep a picture would help.

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Tuesday, August 21st 2012, 8:12am

Maybe obvious and checked, but if the last time the system was serviced was for a winterizing, maybe all zones are open at the valves...either the solenoid is open or the bleed valve or both.

Rate this thread