You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

desmo907

Tuesday, August 28th 2012, 3:54pm

lost power to Toro Rain Sensor TWRS

Been using a Toro Rain Sensor TWRS connected to my Toro Vision II controller for few years now.
We had to turn off the breaker panel today to install a new breaker for my solar arrays and when we turned it back on the power to the sensor seems gone. (At least I think this was the process as I recall the lights on the sensor ON before we turned the breaker OFF --- I did notice the sensor was OFF until later in day hours after the breaker had been turned back ON.) No lights on sensor... I checked wiring to controller... nothing changed....... The controller is fine however.
I notice the controller has 2 fuses but figure it may be for the controller.
Not sure why the sensor lost power...
Thoughts?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, August 28th 2012, 7:12pm

are you using a multimeter to check with?

desmo907

Thursday, August 30th 2012, 5:52am

More info: I disconnected the TWRS from the controller. The controller has LED lights but does not allow water to flow.
I can see each LED light up for each zone as programmed but the water is not flowing. Something happen to the controller but its odd since it has power and the program runs. I did connect the COM wire back up correctly (this was connected to the TWRS). Water is ON and fuses are OK.
I notice the controller is plugged into an electrical outlet that is direct wired to the breaker panel. Not sure I know which breaker controls it (if any) but it does light up so I assume it has power.
I am confused...

desmo907

Tuesday, September 4th 2012, 8:33am

So nobody loses sleep.... seems the electrician loosened a wire from the controller to the transformer when installing a line t the breaker box..
Once re-attached all worked fine.

Rate this thread