You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

flicster

Thursday, September 6th 2012, 6:25pm

Toro Hydraulic Valve 200-00-04

Does anyone know where I can locate new or used/working 200-00-04 Toro valves?

I was told I could use a Toro 250-00-04 as a direct replacement but after buying 2 from sprinkler whse
neither of them ever shuts down. I have to shut down the whole system from the main shut off valve.

The 200-00-04 I replaced stayed slightly open and dripped into the gutter after the zone timed out but at least it just dripped!

If you have any ideas I can try please reply.

Thanks

Flicster ?(

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, September 6th 2012, 10:14pm

Identify your controller. Make and model number.

flicster

Friday, September 7th 2012, 11:57am

Controller is Toro "GreenKeeper" circa 1995
sn: C1289407

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, September 7th 2012, 12:53pm

I did not ask for the serial number, I asked for the model number. Try this, instead ~ is there a water supply connection to the controller?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, September 8th 2012, 12:37pm

My question was to see if you had a controller for normally-open valves, or for normally-closed valves, like the 200-00-04 valve.

But aside from that, you can try a test using a pair of locking pliers to squeeze closed the hydraulic tubing connected to the valve in question. Some half-rounds on the pliers jaws will make the operation more gentle on the tubing. If the valve shuts off properly, then you have a leak somewhere in the controller or the tubing.

flicster

Wednesday, September 26th 2012, 6:35pm

I am sure the valves are normally closed. There is no model number visible just the "GreenKeeper" enscription on the front cover.

My initial question included a request for information on working new or used Toro 200-00-04, are they available anywhere?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, September 26th 2012, 7:15pm

Send me a thousand dollars and I'll find you one. They've only been out of production for thirty years or so.

Seriously, your question is pointless. There is no difference between Toro hydraulic pin-type valves, SO LONG AS THERE ARE NO FAULTS IN THE CONTROLLER OR CONTROL TUBING. I have replaced a number of 200-00-04 valves with the current model you purchased, and no problems.

You almost certainly have a problem with the controller or the tubing. Find it. Fix it. The means to diagnose a fault have been given to you.

Or you can convert the entire system to electric valves and controller.

Rate this thread