You are not logged in.

IBJAE

Sunday, February 15th 2004, 3:12pm

New anti-siphon valve problems ....

Installed four new Orbit (I know not the best) anti-siphon valves about a month ago because my old Richdels were leaking. After installation they seemed to work fine, but since it was winter, I did not use them. What happens is this: When turned on either manually or with the controller the pressure is very low at the heads. I found that if I turn my manifold main line valve off then right back on the pressure is great and they work fine. This happens on all four stations. Turn the main line off while the siphon valve is "on" then back on again and they work fine (until they are shut off). I am baffled. Could it be the Orbit valves? I am about ready to buy one new valve - different brand - and see if that cures it. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jerry

IBJAE

Monday, February 16th 2004, 6:20am

Got a response from Orbit. They are sending me some new solenoids (different ones). They said it sounds like mine are not raising enough, thus when I unscrew them or hit the valve on/off I have full pressure. We will see. Surpised I got such a quick answer from Orbit and sending me the solenoids.

Skinner

Starting Member

Monday, May 17th 2004, 6:23pm

How lucky I am to have stumbled upon this thread. I am experiencing the exact same problem with Orbit pre-assembled manifolds. You were lucky to get answers right away from them. I gave up after about four weeks. I am interested in knowing if the new solenoids were free of charge and if they solved the problem. I can unscrew the solenoids about ten degrees to get full pressure. It would also be helpful to have the name of a direct contact at Orbit (if there is such a thing).

Rate this thread