You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

1DrpHck

Thursday, September 13th 2012, 1:05pm

Valves No Longer Working

I just replaced a leaking valve on a 5 valve manifold. Valves were all working fine (aside from the minor leak on the one) at time of replacement. Not the first time I have replaced a valve, or a valve on this manifold. Followed the manufacturers instructions to the letter anyways.
Problem is now none of the valves on this manifold/electrical line want to turn on automatically or manually at the controller. All valves and sprinklers on this manifold will function if I open their Lifter manually.
Controller is functioning fine for another manifold / electrical line. Main water supply is on. No digging took place.
Double checked wire connections and re-stripped and connected the common wires asuming this could be the only thing all the valves have in common. Still not working.
Any thoughts as to what it must be?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, September 13th 2012, 1:16pm

You need more than your eyes to properly diagnose an electrical problem. Get an inexpensive multimeter.

1DrpHck

Thursday, September 13th 2012, 7:16pm

Valves No Longer Working

Excellent advice I will admit. Won't help with stupidity though... :pinch:
Found the problem, left the wire from the controller out (twice) when wire nutting all the common wires together. But you see it is really my wife's fault. I was showing her how to replace a valve - cut away old valve, couple more pipe to riser, glue together, reattach wire, etc. If she hadn't kept asking what that extra loose white wire was for...You guys can see how it was really her fault right? Right guys? Guys?:whistling:

Rate this thread