You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

vjhahn

Unregistered

Sunday, September 16th 2012, 7:45pm

rain bird pop up sprinkler head shoots off

I noticed the other day that my sprinkler head was shooting water up into the air. When I looked at it, I could see the cap was cracked. I went to Home Depot and bought a replacement - a Sure Pop 600 series. I put it on and now everytime I turn the sprinkler system on, that sprinkler head shoots clean off. It literally snaps off. I've bought 4 now and all 4 have broken/snapped/cracked when I turn the system back on. I don't really know anything about sprinkler systems. This one was installed for me, so I'm not too sure how to troubleshoot it. It seems like it must be getting too much pressure. Does anyone have any ideas on what might be causing this and how I can properly fix it? Any suggestions are appreciated!!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, September 16th 2012, 8:50pm

Maybe you don't buy crap sprinkler heads at Home Depot

mrfixit

Sunday, September 16th 2012, 10:20pm

Boots is right. The Sure Pop is a horrible sprinkler.
They do sell the 1800 Series at the Home Depot though. That should fix you up.
They only sell the 4 inch pop up.
If you need a different height go to an irrigation supply house such as Ewing or Hydroscape.
They'll be much cheaper there as well.
You could buy them online at www.sprinklerwarehouse.com
---
If you need a regulator on your system you'll have to call a guy if you can't do it.
Call a sprinkler guy not a plumber and not your gardener.

Rate this thread