You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

JinNC

Unregistered

Thursday, October 11th 2012, 10:43am

Valve Won't Close When Another Turns On

Been wrestling with my old system for the past year. The valves are Hunter HPV. I recently replaced all the diaphragms since some were leaking and I finally located all the valves. My first station would not close after the replacement. I opened it and reseated the diaphragm which seemed to do the trick. Now if I run that station individually it comes on and shuts down without a problem. When I run the program for all stations, it will not shut down after the second station or any thereafter come on but switching the box to off will shut it down.

Never had this problem before the replacement but the system had not been run for a few months prior to the repairs. I did notice the valve is not vertical, whoever installed it left it ~30° off center. Doesn't seem like gravity should factor in but who knows.

I also nicked up the wire for that station with the shovel pretty bad when trying to locate it but I taped it up good and the solenoid seems to be working fine.

Any thoughts?

JinNC

Unregistered

Thursday, October 11th 2012, 11:19am

Just realized I may need to throttle the valve...vaguely recall the flow control being down pretty far when I replaced it and I may have opened it all the way. Probably has something to do with it being the first station and the pressure differential. Will have to check when I get home.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, October 11th 2012, 11:59am

If that fails, make the sticky valve your last zone.

JinNC

Unregistered

Monday, October 15th 2012, 1:12pm

fixed

The throttling did the trick.