You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, October 16th 2012, 12:19pm

Where should I connect my compressor?

Here is a picture of my setup. However the PVB was replaced this summer with a new Conbraco PVB4A from this site. The water line comes out of the house to a T fitting just above the garden hose connection and flows up into the PVB and to the right and then down into the PVC pipe into the ground. I was hoping to hook up the compressor at the hose bib but this would mean the compressed air is running through the PVB to the sprinkler heads. Is this a no-no? The connections on the PVB itself are capped with a plastic nut. Those male connectors are roughly 0.425" in size. If I'm required to hook up my compressor here where could I pickup a female fitting to attach to the PVB?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, October 16th 2012, 6:56pm

A homeowner compressor doesn't put our air hot enough to do any heat damage to a backflow preventer. Use the hose bib.

Rate this thread