You are not logged in.

Tuesday, October 16th 2012, 8:13pm

Hunter Wireless Rain Click Issue

I have the above rain sensor. Anytime the switch on the controller (Rain Bird ESP-4M) is in normal, the alarm light illuminates, and the system will not run. If I move the sensor selector to bypass, the alarm light goes out, and the system works. The sensor is registering rain. After a rain, the bypass light illuminates red on the rain click display, and when the sensor dries out the green light illuminates. My question, since I don't have much spare cash to deal with, is the sensor bad, or is it a problem with the controller? My thanks for any advice.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, October 17th 2012, 6:54am

It may depend on how the sensor is connected to the controller. Even though your controller has two terminals specifically for connecting a rain sensor, some installers will connect it directly to the common wire, as was done in the old days.

Read up on this in your owners manual.

njchoochoo

Starting Member

Wednesday, October 17th 2012, 7:06pm

Thanks Wet Boots. The system worked fine until sometme during this year, possibly at the beginning. I didn't notice a problem until mid season. Nothing was changed from when the original system was installed roughly 6 years ago.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, October 18th 2012, 9:14am

The Hunter wireless rain sensor is a disposable item, so it is doomed no matter what, since you can't change its battery.

Rate this thread