You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

teddi_angel

Starting Member

Monday, October 22nd 2012, 2:16pm

Help and advise for winterize Febco 765 BFP and 7zone sprinkler system

New homeowner in the winterize zone,

I have a Febco 765 BFP and 7 zone sprinkler system, followed all the steps from the available information source on the web and Home Depot for prep steps. shut off the supply valve, turn of the control box, opened the ball valve on the test cock, etc.

Hooked up a 2.5hp 21 gallon compressor with 40-60psi output to each zone at a time, manually turned the valve to start the each zone, not the control box. no water blowing out, only some noise from the BFP. could that be the air flow is not reaching the sprinkler pipes stopped at the BFP? not even one sprinkler head was up and blowing.

My system set up does not have a outlet drain valve between the BFP and the valve pit. I have to hook up the air line to the test cock. Should I install one for winterize use?

Please help me find out what is the problem with my winterize project.

Thanks.

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Tuesday, October 23rd 2012, 9:42am

Wet Boots will tell you better, but I don't like blowing air through my PVB. I have a tee between by PVB and valves for air compressor hook up.

I use 60 psi.

Is your lower backflow unit valve turned off? Maybe you have air going the wrong way?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, October 23rd 2012, 4:38pm

Blowing air through a PVB is no big deal when it's with a homeowner compressor. If that system has no drain valve upstream of the PVB, it is missing something.

Rate this thread