You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

martipe1

Unregistered

Tuesday, October 30th 2012, 4:55pm

Can I replace pump relay with water pump automatic controller?

I am going to install my watering system and I own a Rain Bird STP4PL controller, I will be using a pump to get the water from a lower tank, I know I have to use a pump relay connected to the RB controller to start it. To prevent the pump to run with no water, I'm planning to use a water pump automatic controller, the one that is used to get water from lower tank to a top tank and it has 8 wires 3 that have to go into each of the tanks and 2 connected to the pump, the ones in the lower one are to stop the pump if there is no water, and the top ones are used to start the pump when water is needed.

I'm wondering if I can use this controller to replace the relay and how can I wire it, either replacing the relay or working together with the relay

Thank you

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, October 30th 2012, 10:18pm

that all depends on the 8-wire controller and how it works, and the only one with that information is you

martipe1

Unregistered

Wednesday, October 31st 2012, 3:28pm

I guess is obvious I don't have the knowledge, otherwise I wouldn't ask in a forum

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, October 31st 2012, 9:26pm

If all you see is a black box with 8 wires coming out of it, you're screwed. If you have a manufacturer and a model number, that would mean a lot more than "8 wires"

martipe1

Unregistered

Saturday, November 3rd 2012, 10:00am

Being good is
commendable, but only when it is combined with doing good is it useful. ~Author
Unknown

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent
are full of doubt. ~Bertrand Russell

Do not argue with an idiot they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. ~Mark Twain

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, November 3rd 2012, 12:51pm

You need to take some good photographs of what you have in place. You have not adequately described what is already there.

And the make and model number of whatever "water pump automatic controller" is involved would help. Strictly as a guess, it would be something that could connect to float switches in the tanks,

Rate this thread