You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

NoleSAK

Unregistered

Thursday, November 1st 2012, 1:58pm

Heads too far from the house?

I just had new sod installed and noticed that along the side of the house the sod is browning. The heads are about 18" from the side of the house, sprayers, and do not spray back towards the house so the sod is not getting water. How do I fix this issue or compensate?
Thanks!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, November 1st 2012, 6:02pm

That's about a foot too far away. Are you soaking the sod, or just watering lightly?

NoleSAK

Unregistered

Thursday, November 1st 2012, 8:18pm

It went in 1.5 weeks ago so I'm soaking right now. Also haven't had any rain, so it's all been up to the sprinklers since the sod went in. Seemed like they might be too far from the house. Thanks for the response.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, November 1st 2012, 8:23pm

There are a lot of landscapes where grass has no business growing right up to the foundation, because it can't be sprinkled without wetting the house.

valovic

Saturday, January 12th 2013, 6:41pm

try a different head

Instead of moving the heads you could try an easier option. Choose a Variable Arc nozzle and allow the spray to come back towards the house. Not enough to spray the house, but it will cover more than 180°. adjust it to something like 200° or 210°

Rate this thread